When you use the drop shipping model for e-commerce here are some things you should always do.
- When you process payment send your customer a receipt of the transaction by email. If you are using a sales platforms like Amazon or eBay/ PayPal they will do this for you.
2. Process a purchase order to send to your supplier with customer shipping info so supplier can ship item. Do not include your selling price on this purchase order.
3. Make sure your drop ship supplier uses your company name as the shipper on the mailing label. This is really important. You are the seller. You want your customer to remember your company and come back to you for future business.
4. Once your supplier has shipped, send your customer the tracking number and a nice message like “we appreciate your business” or “thank you for your order”. Ask your customer if they would like to receive your news letter by email. Keep in touch with your customers regularly. Make sure you include your website link and maybe a discount promotion to encourage your customer to take a look at your website for possible new orders, new items, etc. This type of marketing is the cheapest advertising you can ever get.
5. If you can, try and make arrangements with your supplier to include some promotional literature or brochures featuring your company, website, products, and promotions. Good drop ship suppliers will do this for you. Most will not want to be bothered with this extra work.
Use every opportunity you can to keep in touch with your customers. Build an email mailing list. Send them regular mailings featuring special promotions, new items, customer testimonials, pictures of satisfied customers using their new item, etc.