You need to ask Alibaba suppliers the exact same questions you would ask any other supplier. You are handing them your money in exchange for their product. You must make sure you are getting good value, good quality, and good service for your money.
- Are they a manufacturer or simply a middleman?
- Do they keep inventory in stock or do they build product only when you order it?
- How long after you order, will it take to ship?
- What is their return policy?
- What is their payment policy?
- What are their order requirements and standard packaging? Minimum order quantity, how many pieces in an export shipping carton?
- Will they provide you with business references so you can check out their reliability?